a place of faith, hope and peace.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I think that I am finally in a new place. It has been a long time coming. Exodus 15:26 says

"If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you. "

If we listen to the voice of God, we then will be okay. Sometimes we listen to other voices in our lives. To the voices of those who have hurt us in the past. To the voices within us who tell us to doubt, to not have faith, to do it on our own. To the voice of evil that turns us away from the light. But God says if we listen to him and do what is right in his eyes, then he promises to protect us, love us, and heal us.

Gracious God,
Continue to turn us in the direction of your voice. Continue to open our ears to what you have to say to us. Continue to help us to do what is right in your eyes.
In Jesus name,
Amen