
Rituals
Rituals are sacred times in your life. Baptisms, weddings, funerals, graduations are just a few that I can think of. I was blessed last week when attending a delivery of a Hindu couple. As they welcomed their son into the world, the father chanted a blessing over him in Sanskit. What a wonderful moment that I was able to witness. In November, I will get to see my great-nephew William for the first time as his parents have water poured over him in his Baptism, and he becomes part of the family of God. Just as this young Hindu couple blessed their child, so is William going to be blessed by his parents.
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we would honor each others rituals and the blessings that come from them no matter what we believe?
Rituals are sacred times in your life. Baptisms, weddings, funerals, graduations are just a few that I can think of. I was blessed last week when attending a delivery of a Hindu couple. As they welcomed their son into the world, the father chanted a blessing over him in Sanskit. What a wonderful moment that I was able to witness. In November, I will get to see my great-nephew William for the first time as his parents have water poured over him in his Baptism, and he becomes part of the family of God. Just as this young Hindu couple blessed their child, so is William going to be blessed by his parents.
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we would honor each others rituals and the blessings that come from them no matter what we believe?