Hebrews 11:8 By faith.....Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
By faith ...in tents.
This scripture was the theme this year for our annual conference. It is hard to live by faith, yet God does call to me to do just that. Abraham was called. I am called. And God calls me to live by faith. The past 10 days have been a whirlwind with selling a possession that I hold dear, and tonight my house sold. The faith came in trusting God that the timing was right. The faith came in not knowing where God was going to find a place for me to live to finish my schooling, yet trusting Him. I thought I might end up living in a tent, but that would have been okay. God takes care of the birds of the air and He will take care of me. He did take care of me. I have a place to live through a set of circumstances that only God could orchestrate. God makes beautiful music when we let him be the conductor. By faith, I trust the Lord God Almighty. Praise be to the One who answers us and guides us when we simply live out our lives in faith.
Gracious and Beautiful Lord,
You call me to just follow you, that is all I have to do. I don't have to lead. I don't have to have all the answers. I just have to trust and follow with a humble heart. Help me Lord to continue to be filled with faith in order to trust and obey even when I don't know where I am going.
In Jesus name, Amen