
Soy Amada
I was walking with my friend Karin today at the mall. We have journeyed together for over 10 years as walking partners. We went past a jewelry store and they had a bunch of little red buttons in all kinds of languages. We laughed as we didn't know what they meant, but Karin felt we should wear them so we did. Our favorite one was in Spanish--Soy Amada it said. We walked and talked about everything, our kids, our jobs and our faith. Then we stopped and had lunch together and shared some more.
It was only when I got home and looked it up that I realized what the words meant.
Soy amada--I am loved. Yes, we are. We are loved unconditionally by the one who created us. By God.
Thanks Karin for following the spirit and making us put on the buttons. Made for a great afternoon. I still have it on.....I think I will wear it all this week just to remind me whose I am and who loves me the most.
For God so loved the world.....