T'ai Chi
I have been taking T'ai Chi classes the past 2 months. It is a martial art but not a jab and throw and kick one, but one that you do the moves slowly, and methodically and just let it happen. It makes me feel so centered when class is over. I think what I like so much about the class is the encouragement I receive from my instructor and my fellow T'ai chi'ers. There are times that I don't think I am going to get it, but the encouragement to keep trying keeps coming, and then I usually get it. It's hard to focus sometimes, but it is worth the effort.
Does anything really good come easy? I have not found that in my life. If I struggle with something, I feel satisfied and complete when I "get it done". But if it comes easy, I don't learn anything. Faith has not come easy the past two years. It's been a struggle for me. But encouragers have been there along the way. They have kept me going.
The Israelites struggled for 40 years in the wilderness after they were supposed to be going to the promised land. God had freed them from slavery, but then they struggled with wanting to go back, they whined and complained, and God just let them wander around and struggle for 40 years. Struggling was good for them. And when they were finally ready, they then went with Joshua's encouragement and a strong faith in God into the Jordan River.
I feel somewhat like the Israelites. Many days I have felt like giving up and going back. I have not liked the manna that I have had to eat. I have not liked the issues that I have had to face. But nothing really good comes easy. Struggling has been good for me the past two years, and now it seems the promised land is ahead. Am I ready? My encouragers think so.
Will I step forth in faith into the waters, trusting that this time, I won't drown?