
Holy Moments
I was sitting on my sofa this morning just being still. Trying to empty my mind so I could listen to God. The sunshine was reflecting into my west faced door from the windows across the street.
I wanted to hear birds and soon the faint singing of a single bird could be heard. I told a friend last night that I needed spring in my life. She helped me by telling me that I am not the only one struggling with those thoughts. Rebirth is coming. It is in the air and in the holy moments that I witness every day. Yesterday I watched an elderly couple walk to their car. The man had his arm draped gently around his wife as he helped her in the car. It was a holy spring moment.
God has his arm around us like that every day. Gently guiding us on our journey. When we take the time to help another then God blesses that as holy sacred time. When we live out our faith, God helps us to re-born again and again. This Lent, let God bring rebirth into your life. Care for yourself as you would a newborn baby. Be gentle and tender and loving with yourself and those around you.
You then will be living as Jesus asks us to live.