a place of faith, hope and peace.

Sunday, February 28, 2010


March is finally here. The snow and ice and cold are starting to disappear and signs of spring are blooming each day. I have been listening to the birds sing each morning especially in the bushes at the entrance to work. You can't see them, but you sure know that they are there. Their songs fill the early morning light that is coming in gradually more and more each day.

Change seems to be in the air for me too. I feel like I understand more about myself these days, and what I need and want. My mom tells me that I have always done things my way since I was 10, but somewhere I got off track for awhile and now it seems to be coming back. What I need is a loving church community and I have found that at my new church, or you could say my old one as I have gone full circle and returned to the church that I grew up in. There are a lot of new faces, but also a lot of familiar ones. What I want is to be move involved which is hard to do with where I live so I am considering moving again. I said when I moved in here, that I would not move again, but 2 years later, I am considering it. It's nice to be 3 minutes from work, but sometimes being so close gets you a lot of phone calls to come in and help out. I don't want to live for work, but work so I can live.

I just want more out of life than my work right now. So I ask God,just what are you doing in my life right now, giving me this "hankering" to go explore new places and a possible new home? I guess I will just have to wait it out and see what happens. Patience is a virtue and I sure have had that lesson reiterated over and over again the past two years.

Seasons change and I with them. Nothing ever stays the same and something is out there for me. I can sense it, but can't see it. But that is God. When we listen, we will hear his voice and feel his touch and just know that the path is turning and we must follow. Where the path leads is not for us to know, we just put on our hiking boots and start walking it.