a place of faith, hope and peace.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010


Getting up early yesterday, I pulled open the drapes just a little to see if the snow had really showed up as predicted. Walking down the white covered road just in front of my balcony were two lovely female deer. They didn't seem too concerned about traffic as it is pretty quiet in the early morning. They just sauntered by calmly, one following the other, with the leader looking back now and then just to be sure her companion was still there. I watched them till they were out of sight down the road. If I had looked out a few moments earlier or later, I would have missed them.

There are moments in life that just happen that seem to remind us how much grace and beauty there is in the world. Cares seem to fade away even if just for a few seconds and time seems to be still until the moment fades away. I cherish moments like these for they do not come along very often. I just am too busy or pre-occupied some days to see them. Yesterday, thankfully was not one of those times. As I drove to work, I followed the tracks down the street in my car until they disappeared, and then I turned and headed off on another day.

Thank you God for letting me see peace, beauty and grace in early morning snow.