a place of faith, hope and peace.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

People gain so much hope when they know they are not experiencing something alone.
Joyce Rupp


Not sure where this post is going but have the urge to write. I turned 52 last week and while I know that is a little bit on the old side, I feel rather young these days. I have been working out with my Wii Fit, biking, dancing, and running. My absolute favorite right now is the Rhythm Parade as it brings me back to my high school band days and marching with my drum banging on my knee. I remember one year being in the Illini homecoming parade in Champaign..let's just say that was the longest parade ever.
Anyway, I digress, back to Wii fit and feeling young at heart. I also have Just Dance for the Wii and have been moving around ( I don't think I can call it dance) to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Who let the Dogs out. It's been a lot of fun and keeps me off the couch. I have been busy with work stuff and reading books and watching The Biggest Loser. My fav show Glee is off till April which is very sad as I need a Glee fix in a desperate way. Football is almost over and this year The Olympics will hopefully make Febraury go fast and then on to March Madness and getting out of town to go visit Charlotte, NC. I want to see where Ryan and Jess are hanging out these days and pet the "grandkids".

It seems that the time does go faster the older you get, and while winter does seems to drag a little, it will soon be spring and with that comes Easter. I have to work Easter Sunday again this year. So again, I have to make the journey of Lent and not get to experience the joy of being with my church community on Easter. That is something that I will miss.
I have started volunteering a little bit at church with sound and ushering, but taking it very slow.
I just don't have the urge right now to do much more than "just be" in church. My pastor has been very gracious and understanding about my feelings and accepts me the way that I am. After all that I have been through the past two years, I consider it a victory to even be in a pew on Sunday. God knows and is okay with it too. And so am I. I have lost so much in relationships the past months, that I need to just breathe. So the purpose of this writing is really not clear, but it does clear my mind of these thoughts. I find that writing helps me in so many ways.
And so do good friends and family. So it is as Joyce says above, I do have hope. Blessings to all of you who have helped me know that I am not alone.