a place of faith, hope and peace.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006


"When you truly love yourself, you become aware that your true self is Christ expressing himself in you. Augustine had a phrase for it: 'One Christ loving himself.' You are aware that a power greater than you is doing everything."
Open Mind, Open Heart Thomas Keating


Life by the Spirit

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galations 5:22

I cannot do anything on my own. It is only through Christ and his love for me that I can live life by the Spirit. The power that is in me is not of me, it is of God. It is God's love, God's joy, and God's peace that I feel. These days I feel very centered despite the chaos around me. It is a gift from God. His goodness works through me to help others. His power helps me to share a kind word with a stranger. His gentleness helps me to care for a premature baby that is to fragile to touch. Self-control is always something I am working on as I learn what it is to "die to self". God has been faithful to me as I am faithful to him. All that I have, all that I am belongs to God. May God continue to use me to share who He is with the world.