Caterpillars and Butterflies and Such thingsI found two of these in September along the roadway to the small stream of water that I go and visit sometimes. I picked them up and felt them crawl along my skin and then gently sent them back on their way. Caterpillers remind me that I am now spinning my own cocoon where I live.
It consists of my home which I just noticed today is about a foot underground. I wonder if I will be hibernating this winter, my first winter here. I have a wonderful picture of the sun melting the layers of life around it. I have another wonderful picture of a bird flying free like a butterfly. This past September found me in Bishop Hill with Jan among the butterflies at the garden barn. I watched them intently as they flew among the flowers and bushes and wondered what significance that they had for me at the time. I am weaving my own spiritual cocoon these days and feel myself pulled to spiritual hibernation....to the place of waiting that has been prepared for me by my Lord. It is a place where I need to be...a place of solitude and stillness. I think I will be there for awhile until the time comes when God brings me out. God is preparing right now for me to come out, to be born into that butterfly. I spin the cocoon with trust and faith and my heart waits for what is to come.....
