
Seasons of Change
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Change has become a common theme in my life this year. It seems that nothing in my life is constant except for God. I wonder if that is the life that the early disciples led. It has taken me longer than Peter who when called, just left his nets and followed. To leave my nets, I have taken my time to say good-bye. This is the first year in a number of years that I have not felt at home for the holidays. Yet, there is thankfulness for that as God's grace poured out on me and my family in new ways. I spent Thanksgiving decorating my new nest for the Christmas season, finding a new place for memories. Yet, even as I placed each ornament on the tree, I knew that this would be my only year here. Next year, I will be in seminary somewhere.
God knows where I will be next year and that place is already being prepared for me.
It is a season of change and as I remember the words the angel told Mary "do not be afraid", I know that God is with me.