a place of faith, hope and peace.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009


Henri Nouwen, one of my favorite spiritual authors, says that writing can often open up a deep well of hidden treasure in our lives. My devotions last month were about lost treasures in our lives. Treasures, in God's eyes, do not mean material things or money or something that we can physically touch or hold on to. Despite what many think in this world, wealth is not a treasure.


Treasure to me is peace in my heart, calmness of my soul, solid relationships with others that I count on, joy in my spirit, and finding a way despite obstacles that seem to get in the way of what I desire in my goals and dreams. Treasure is a vision that seems impossible becoming possible.


Over the past two years, my dreams and goals were shattered and then reframed and rebuilt. Things that had become impossible have become possible again. I can do all things through Christ Jesus, the one who gives me strength to continue to push on and never give up. Relationships have changed. Circumstances have changed. I have changed. I have reclaimed who I am through all of this.


It is a time to give thanks and be grateful for what God has provided me to get me through.

There are people who became lifelines, who inspired me, who held my hand and helped me stand up again. Some were there for just a moment, some were there for a just season, some have become lifetime friends. For all, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish all of you only joy and may I return the favor someday. You will be treasured by me forever. God will remember because what you did for the least, the poor in spirit, and the weak, you did for him.


It is time to look forward, and leave the past behind. Time to keep on healing, time to take up my calling again, time to keep on with taking care of those tiny ones that I am so blessed to be able to care for, time to leave despair and hopelessness behind and take on love, hope and grace, and time to step out in faith for the new adventures that are to come.


It is time for the entombed to come out and look around at her new life. A life that has wings.


Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit....now and forevermore. Thanks be to God.