I have a couple of pilot friends that ,now and then, will take me for a ride with them in their respective airplanes. This summer I was hoping to go up in a hot air balloon, but the fields are so wet, not a lot of balloons can be seen as there are not a lot of places to safely land. What is it about flying free in the air that appeals to me?
I think that when I am up in the air, my spirit feels the room to just soar. To let go of that in my life that keep me chained to the ground. Yet, I have recently found that my feet are walking lightly as if on air. Chains are being broken. Burdens get lifted by those who deeply listen and hear and are willing to share the load. There are not a lot of people who will do that in this world so I am blessed for those in my life that help me.
I feel I am in a period of rest right now. Time just to be. Listening to peace in music and books and in the voice of God. Getting back to the simple life that I am called to live. I continue to clear out the "junk" in my life whether that is material goods, memories that need to heal, or relationships that need to end.
Simply said...it is in endings that I will find beginnings. It is in soaring that my spirit flies. And it is in the gift of listening to my heart by those whose hearts are filled with love, that I will heal.