You will know when it is time...to birth the new creation. The signs will be all around you, urging, insisting: now is the time.
—Miriam Therese Winter
New Life in a Dead Plant
I went outside today and found this plant that I had "deader than a doornail". Oh well, I had kept this one alive for almost a year and a half. That must be a record for me.
This one did have a special significance to me. I had used this plant in a healing ritual about a year ago and had been meticulous about watering and fertilizing it and just plain nurturing it. But recently it lost some meaning to me so I put it outside and thought it would be just fine out there. Today I found that it had up and died on me. And I am really okay with it.
I dumped out the dirt and threw away the dead leaves and roots, and put the pot away. The words I had written on the pot a year ago are no longer readable. It's time to let it go and to let what it meant to me rest in peace.
Moving on to new places with new beginnings means that things change and some things have to die. So on I move. Where? That is not my call. I live in the present not really knowing what the future will bring. I count my blessings and "dance in the rain". The time is now. I have been waiting for it, and it has come. The signs are around me. One came this last weekend in the form of a 5lb 3oz. baby boy. Not all the births I attend are as significant as this one. It meant new life for a small infant and new life for me. Change is good. Life is good.
I hope that this new creation whatever it is will bring happiness, love, and blessings.