a place of faith, hope and peace.

Monday, July 05, 2010


Living in the faithfulness of hope

Last week I went on retreat for a couple of days. Not a thing planned for this retreat...just trusted that I needed it and went up to my favorite spot that is only a little over an hour away. When you go with no agenda, then you make room for God.
I trusted that God would provide whatever I needed and most of that ended up being sleep, mixed in with some good food, a massage and a wonderful conversation with a spiritual director. It ended with me joining a spiritual journey group that starts in Sept. and goes through May. Something that I have been yearning for...a group of people to journey with through prayer and study.

God says to us through the Psalmist in 119 that we need to have hope in his word.

Hope for me consists of thinking and relying on God to take care of not only difficult situations in my life but on the everyday things too. I pray with hope when I enter the doors at work not knowing what that day is going to bring, but knowing that God will be with me and see me through. I pray in hope for others and myself when tough times are upon us. I pray for hope for those in this world that suffer whether it be in wars, oil spills, earthquakes and floods.

Hope means so much. When we have hope in our lives, we can see through to the other side of things. We can see God moving in the smallest of places. We can experience the grace of hope to the fullest extent.

God's word brings hope to us and helps move us along the path of faithfulness. It becomes a way of life. A way of life that can change and transform us into what we are called to be. Everyone has a different call from God ,but we all live in the same hope...the hope that the Word brings...the hope from the cross...the hope that we will all see when this life on earth comes to an end.

Live the hope that is inside you. Live the life that you are called to live.
Live and breathe the faithfulness of God's word.