a place of faith, hope and peace.

Friday, April 14, 2006

NOT ABANDONED

I hear God's voice like this:

"I have not abandoned you. Though your good health may have forsaken you, I have not. Those whom you love may have left you, but I did not. Your plans may have been thwarted, your vision marred, your dreams dashed. But I am still here, and I have a vision for your life greater than you can yet imagine."


-- Gerrit Scott Dawson CALLED BY A NEW NAME
UpperRoom Good Friday Devotion

It's Good Friday and the disciples scatter thinking that their Lord has indeed abandoned them.
For He is dead, hung on a cross.

My plans have been overturned this week. Three people that I love very much are leaving to new adventures. My future has been put on hold longer than I anticipated.

"When a formerly autistic child was asked what parents were for, she replied, 'They hope for you.' That is what we can do for each other." (Holy Listening, Margaret Guenther)

I find hope in those who hear me and understand. For when that happens, I know that I am not alone on this journey. Jesus did not abandon us on that cross. He is alive!

Holy One,
Come near to me and understand. Help me to trust that you have a vision for my life that is indeed greater than I can imagine.
Amen