a place of faith, hope and peace.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

April 27th, 2006 has been revelation day for me. In matter of 12 hours, I have finally put a lot of thoughts together and figured out where I need to be next in ministry.

Martin Luther King says in his "I see the Promised Land" speech the following,
" And whenever men and women straighten their backs up, they are going somewhere, because a man can't ride your back unless it is bent."

I realized today that I am not bent anymore which explains the resistance. People want me to stay the way that I have been the last 48 years, but God wants me to be free, and He has set me free. I have picked up my mat and followed Jesus, and I will follow Him no matter what, because that is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. No matter the name calling, no matter the disagreements, no matter that others don't think that I can; God thinks I can and that is all that matters. As MLK says at the end of his speech..."mine eyes have seen the coming of the glory of the Lord" I will not go back, I cannot as God will not let me. Praise be the One and Only Lord of my life! Thanks be to God. Amen